AncestryDNA® has expanded into 54 new markets
AncestryDNA is now available to consumers in 89 countries and territories on five continents. This expansion more than doubles the number of markets where people can access AncestryDNA, enabling millions more people to find and connect with family.
Ancestry’s simple, step-by-step DNA test reveals an individual’s unique ethnic background and helps match them to new relatives. AncestryDNA provides a precise ethnicity estimate with greater geographic detail and in-depth historical insights that connect people to the places in the world where their family’s story began.
The full list of new markets that AncestryDNA is available for purchase include:
- Caribbean: Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Aruba, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bonaire, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Curacao, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Haiti, Jamaica, Martinique, Montserrat, Puerto Rico, Saba, Saint Barthelemy, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Martin, Saint Vincent and Grenadines, Saint Eustatius, Saint Maarten, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos, US Virgin Islands
- Pacific Islands: Guam, American Samoa, Northern Mariana Islands
- South America: Argentina, Guyana
- Europe: Portugal, Latvia, Iceland, Spain, Belgium, Italy, Monaco, Luxembourg, Switzerland, Serbia, Moldova, Azerbaijan, North Macedonia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Montenegro
- Asia: Philippines, Singapore, Japan
- Africa: South Africa
We plan to expand to more than 200 markets by the end of 2022, including nearly every country and territory in North and South America, Europe, Africa and many countries in Asia.
AncestryDNA is the largest global consumer DNA network with more than 22 million people with ancestry from nearly every country in the world. With more than 1,500 distinct regions and nearly 1 trillion DNA matches, there’s endless opportunities to find family connections and better understand the different regions that make up your estimate.
Only AncestryDNA is powered by SideView technology, a first-of-its-kind scientific innovation that provides insights into which parent an individual inherited their genetics from, without requiring a parent to be tested. AncestryDNA also includes Traits, enabling consumers to discover 35+ of their most interesting traits and explore how their genes might have influenced a range of appearance, sensory, fitness, nutrient, and other personal characteristics—like endurance fitness, heart rate recovery, and more.
“We are delighted to bring AncestryDNA to new customers across five continents. This global expansion for Ancestry builds upon the breadth and depth of our market-leading global DNA product and community,” said Brian Donnelly, Senior Vice President and General Manager of AncestryDNA and Ancestry International. “People in each of these markets will now have access to the full suite of AncestryDNA features including ethnicity estimates and inheritance, DNA matches, community assignments, and reports about traits that are influenced by their genetics. In addition, these customers have the ability to access our growing library of family history records, which includes over 30 billion digital records from more than 80 countries of origin to support their genealogy and family history research.”
AncestryDNA is now available in every country and territory listed above, and can be purchased at https://www.ancestry.com/dna.
Read the Forbes exclusive article here.