1. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of the Conditions of Entry. Entry into this competition deems acceptance of these Conditions of Entry. To the extent of any inconsistency between these Conditions of Entry and any other reference to this competition, these Conditions of Entry will prevail.
2. This competition is a game of skill and change will play no part in determining the winners.
Who Can Enter
3. Entry is open to all residents of Australia and New Zealand, except employees and immediate families of the Promoter, associated companies and agencies and participating outlets. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, defacto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step parent, grandparent, step grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step brother, step sister or first cousin. The Promoter is Ancestry Information Operations Unlimited Company, 70 Sir John Rogerson’s Quay, Dublin 2, Ireland.
4. Entrants may only enter the competition once and only one prize will be awarded per person.
5. Entrants into this competition must be 18 years or older as at the date of entry.
How To Enter
6. In 25-words-or-less, entrants must answer the competition question: ‘Why would you like to win a double pass to see Lion?’. Send an email to email@example.com with ‘Lion Competition’ in the subject line and their answer, full name, email address and postal address in the body of the email.
7. Entries must include all requested contact details and a 25-words-or-less answer to be eligible to win. Each entry must be unique and received by the Promoter prior to the competition close date and time.
Open, Close And Draw Dates
8. The competition commences on 06/01/17 at 00:01 (AEDT) and closes on 12/01/17 at 23:59 (AEDT). Entries must be received by the Promoter prior to the competition close date and time. This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the winners. The winners will be the best valid entries as judged by the judging panel, having regard to skill, creativity and originality, at the Promoter’s Australian premises (Level 3, 387 George Street, Sydney NSW 2000) on 13/01/17 at 10:00 (AEDT).
9. The winners will be notified by mail. The prizes will be sent to each winner’s nominated address as stated in their original entry, within 4 days of the prize draw. The judging panel may select additional reserve entries which they determine to be the next best, and record them in order, in case of an invalid entry or ineligible entrant.
Prizes On Offer
10. Total prize value is up to AUD$2,782.60 (including GST), as at 17/11/16: (a) 50x winners in Australia will each receive a double in-season pass to see ‘Lion’ in cinemas from 19/01/17. Each double pass is valued at (up to) AUD$42.00. The total Australian prize pool is valued at (up to) AUD$2,100.00; (b) 20x winners in New Zealand will each receive a double in-season pass to see ‘Lion’ in cinemas from 19/01/17. Each double pass is valued at (up to) AUD$34.13. The total New Zealand prize pool is valued at (up to) AUD$682.60.
11. If the Promoter is unable to contact a winner to claim fulfilment of the prize, that winner will forfeit the prize in its entirety and it shall be awarded to the next runner up in the competition. The Promoter will not be liable for a winner who cannot be contacted and therefore forfeits their prize and no correspondence will be entered into.
12. Each winner must use their prize whilst the film is being shown in cinemas. In the event that a winner does not take the prize by the time stipulated, then the entire prize will be forfeited by that winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of the prize. Redemption of the prize will be subject to any terms and conditions of the issuer, including those specified on the double in-season pass itself. The Promoter shall not be liable for any voucher that has been lost, stolen, forged, damaged or tampered with in any way.
13. All winners are advised that the allocated classification guidelines for each film must be adhered to as per usual standards set out by the film Classification Board and associated domestic legislation.
Further Conditions Of Entry
14. The Promoter reserves the right to amend these Conditions of Entry if this competition cannot be run as originally planned. The Promoter may also cancel or suspend this competition if an event beyond the control of the Promoter, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition. The Promoter will disqualify any individual who has tampered with the entry process or any other aspect of this competition.
15. The Promoter and their associated agencies and companies are not liable or responsible for any problems or technical malfunctions of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers of computer equipment, software, technical problems of the phone or of any phone network; or any misadventure, accident, injury, loss (including but not limited to consequential loss) or claim that may occur during the draw, whilst undertaking any travel won on or connected with their entry; in the participating in any prize; as a consequence of late, lost or misdirected email; due to the broadcast of any program relating to the competition or the publication of any material, including any statements made by any compere, staff member, journalist, other entrants or any other person; any injury or damage to the entrant’s, or any other person’s, computer, software or phone; or any combination thereof, related to or resulting from participation or sending or receiving any communication or any materials in this competition.
16. All entrants must submit only their own answers, designs and works. Any such answers, designs or works cannot be previously published in any forum worldwide. All entries become the property of the Promoter and cannot be returned. Entries that are found to have been derived from the answers, designs or works of a third party will be considered invalid and, if awarded a prize, that prize must be returned to the Promoter. The winners may be required to sign a statutory declaration regarding the originality of their entry. Without limiting generality, the Promoter reserves the right to take legal action against anyone found to have breached this term. The Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the competition. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation are reserved.
17. If the prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equal or greater value, subject to State Regulation. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winners must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and the prize supplier’s requirements. Each prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated.
18. The Promoter highly recommends a current residential street address be provided when requested, for ease of correspondence and potential prize delivery. The Promoter will make all reasonable efforts to deliver prizes to the addresses provided by competition entrants. The Promoter cannot guarantee that any prizes returned to the Promoter due to non-delivery at the provided address will be resent to the prize winner.
19. The Promoter reserves the right to request that winners sign a winner’s deed or release or any other relevant forms or agreements that the Promoter deems necessary, to provide proof of identity, proof of age, proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address and/or proof of entry validity in order to claim a prize. Proof of identification, residency, age and entry, considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, that winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
20. The Promoter reserves the right to rejudge this competition in the event that an entrant, claiming to be a winner, is unable to satisfy these Conditions of Entry.
21. The judges’ decision in relation to any aspect of the competition is final and binding on each person who enters. Chance plays no part in determining the winner. No correspondence will be entered into. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost or misdirected entries. Prizes are subject to availability, not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash. Prizes will be sent to each winner’s nominated address as stated in their original entry. The Promoter and their associated agencies and companies associated with this competition will take no responsibility for prizes damaged or lost in transit.
22. Entrants warrant and agree that: (a) they will not submit any entry that is unlawful or fraudulent, or that the Promoter may deem in breach of any intellectual property, privacy, publicity or other rights, defamatory, obscene, derogatory, pornographic, sexually inappropriate, violent, abusive, harassing, threatening, objectionable with respect to race, religion, origin or gender, not suitable for individuals aged under 18 years, or otherwise unsuitable for publication; (b) their entry shall not contain viruses or cause injury or harm to any person or entity; (c) they will obtain prior consent from any person or from the owner(s) of any property that appears in their entry; (d) the entry is the original work of the entrant that does not infringe the rights of any third party; (e) to the extent permitted by law, they consent to any act or omission that would otherwise infringe the entry creator’s/creators’ moral rights pursuant to the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth), or the Copyright Act 1994 (NZ) (whichever is applicable), and warrant that they have the full authority to grant these rights; and (d) they will comply with all applicable laws and regulations, including without limitation, those governing copyright, content, defamation, privacy, publicity and the access or use of others’ computer or communication systems.
23. As a condition of entering this competition, each entrant licenses and grants the Promoter, its affiliates and sub-licensees a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable and sub-licensable right to use, communicate to the public, edit, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish and display their entry for any purpose, including but not limited to future promotional, marketing or publicity purposes, in any media, without compensation, restriction on use, attribution or liability.
Copyright, Statutory Guarantees, Waiver And Liability
25. Prize winners are advised that tax implications may arise from their prize winners and they should seek independent financial advice prior to acceptance of that that prize. All taxes (excluding GST) which may be payable as a consequence of receiving a prize are the sole responsibility of the winner.
26. In respect of any entrant that is an Australian resident, nothing in these Conditions of Entry limit, exclude, modify or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the competition.
27. In respect of any entrant who is a New Zealand resident, nothing in these Terms and Conditions is intended to restrict or limit any rights you may have under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 (“CGA Guarantees”). To the extent that any liability arises other than from the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993, the Promoter’s liability is limited to, at its option: (i) the replacement of the prize or the supply of a prize of equivalent value; or (ii) the payment, if it does not contravene any law, of the cost of the replacement or supply.
28. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees and the CGA Guarantees (whichever is applicable), the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for an excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after the receipt of the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Conditions of Entry; (e) any tax liability by a winner or Entrant; or (f) use of a prize.